Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's day

Well, go figure today is beautiful, yesterday Mother's day not so much. It rained and rained and was cold too. But we had a great day. Jonathan cooked me a weight watcher's friendly brunch and we tried to go bowling. Guess all the moms in NW Chicagoland had the same idea. The wait was over 90 minutes so we went to look at patio furniture (for us) and dining room furniture (for Jen). I got my annual assortment of herbs the only kind of plants I don't kill and a new spice rack filled with great herbs and spices in case I do kill them. I can't be sure when to plant them this year since it's actually pretty cold at night still.

Oh, I also got the DVD Juno and I got Attonement for my birthday last week so as soon as I figure out how to watch them on the big TV I will be all set. I am embarrassed to be the mom that has to ask her kids how to work stuff so I will give it a go (my new Aussie lingo.. thanks Jonathan)

If today is an example then spring is here in the Midwest, I said that 2 weeks ago though and look what happened. Fingers crossed.

Well Happy Mother's day to all my family and remember all my nieces and nephews there wouldn't be a mother's day without you. And.... furry children count too!

No comments: